Shortly after the founding of the Cemetery, the congregation of the First Presbyterian Church of Englewood, on Palisade Avenue, donated their beautiful little stone chapel to Brookside. This chapel had been erected in 1859-1860 as Englewood’s first church and for several years had served them as their place of worship, but had become too small for their growing congregation.
In 1877, this chapel was carefully taken down, stone by stone and erected, in its original form and size, at the entrance to the Cemetery grounds.
At the south end of this magnificent structure lie the remains of first pastor of the Presbyterian Church, the Rev. James H. Dwight. Who served the congregation from June 13, 1860 to May 1, 1867. He died on December 2, 1872.
“One of the most beautiful cemeteries in Bergen County and one of the most meticulously maintained.” –Austin N. Volk, former Mayor of Englewood
Call Us Today 201-568-1642